With summer finally showing its face, I thought I’d share a few of my must-haves for the long summer days we know & love.
1. what’s a non-dairy eater to do when it’s hot out and everyone reaches for that ice-cream cone? Eat a Julie’s Organic, dairy-free fudge bar. I 1000% recommend these–they are better than any dairy fudgesicle by far.
2. I have tried almost every natural, and “sensitive skin” sunscreen out there. This one is my all time favourite, and it’s great for kids too. It’s chemical free and doesn’t leave you white and pasty. Check it out here.
3. a straw fedora goes with everything
4. the Squamish Farmers’ Market is our local Saturday market. Crafts, local fruits & veggies, baked goods…you name it, you can get it (and it’s home of the best shave ice)
5. lambrusco di modena is a fantastic, sparkly, light, red wine. The perfect, refreshing summer sipper
6. Alice Lake Provincial Park is a fantastic place to spend a nice day. Whether it’s to do the Four Lake trail (a good 1.5 hr hike through the forest with 4 breathtaking lakes to look at), or to sit at the beach for a picnic…we’ve been a number of times already this season
7. Tom’s Shoes. I live in these all summer long. My favourite shoes by far.
8. bangs in the summer = a hot, sweaty, not so attractive combination at times. I always have a few of these with me, just in case
What do you love, come summer? I hope you are enjoying this weather as much as we are!